Wow….has it really been this long since my last post! The last few months have been the usual roller coaster/train out of control for the spring and summer months for clients moving in and out of the area, so our blog posts have unfortunately taken a back seat. With the start of the school year under way, the showings this past week have started to slow down a little and thus, here we are again.
Top 5 things going on this weekend in Peoria (Aug 21-24th).
1) Dunlap Days will run from Thursday through Sat at the north park JFL fields. Unlimited rides will open at 6 on Friday and JammSammich is placing at 8! Sat things start at 9 am and go to midnight. Food vendors, games, rides and music! Hope to see you there!
2) Grandparents Day! Get ready to wild and crazy. 🙂 Actually a fun event held out at Tanners Orchard, 740 State Route 40, north of Peoria in Speer. Free coffee and cider.
3) 26th annual duck race! This supports the Center for Prevention of Abuse, begins at noon on Sat on the East Peoria riverfront with food, music, and children’s activities.
4) Kickapoo Creek Winery’s eighth annual grape stomp is this Sat from noon to 6 pm at the winery, 6605 N. Smith Road, Edwards. Admission is $10, which includes three tasting tickets. Kids under 12 are free (free admittance-not free wine drinkng :). This is a good time, and a good wine, if you happen to be in the area.
5) Erin Feis! Aug 22-24 on the Peoria Riverfront! Features traditional Irish and Celtic food, dancing, vendors and entertainment!